Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lost My Blog on Furlough

Don't know what I did but I put up a new blog yesterday and lost everything today. Leave it to me. So now I will try and remember what I wrote.

Seeing as how the last blog post was 4 years ago I will summarize what has happened in those 4 years. First of all in May of 2010 we returned to the states for a short furlough. Our son, John, graduated from Pensacola Christian College.

In August of 2010 our daughter, Jennifer, gave birth to our grandson, Titus Basil Corey.


In October our son, John, got married in Colorado Springs, Colorado to Melody Bryce. And would you believe I have no pictures on my computer for that. :P

Then our oldest son, James, who was still in the Army, also got married to Keturah (Kitty) Stevens in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.

We returned to the field of Ukraine later in November, leaving our son, Jacob, in the states at Fairhaven Baptist College. We continued to labor with Mark Priem in Odessa until 2012 when God led us to return to Belarus where our journey in the former Soviet Union began. 

Also in June my husband, Jeff and I celebrated our 30th anniversary. We had a national Ukrainian meal, and dressed in the traditional clothing.

In July 2012 we returned to the states to begin the visa process for returning to Belarus. We were able to spend Christmas with our children. It was a wonderful time.

Back Row L to R:  Our oldest son, James Michael; Jeff; our youngest son, Jeffrey Matthew; Jacob Martin; our daughter's husband, Dan Corey; our son John Mark and his wife Melody. Front row L to R: James' wife, Kitty and their daughter, Desirae Hope; me and our grandson, Titus Basil; our daughter, Jennifer Marie and her daughter, Audra Eloise; and our oldest grandchild, Anna Sophia.

We returned to Belarus in July of 2013. We are here teaching English, and through the English courses we are able to get contacts to have a Bible study in our home.

In May of 2014 our son, Jacob graduated from Fairhaven Baptist College. On  June 6,  2014 my husband and I celebrated our 32 anniversary, but also on that day our son got engaged to Stephanie Campos.


We are excited to see what is going to do for us in the future.

Thanks,
Helen Christian




No comments:

Post a Comment